Website Usage Terms and Conditions – Be Well Barn Ltd
The term ‘Be Well Barn Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Wash Farm, Rookery Lane, Redlingfield, Eye, Suffolk, IP23 7QP. Our company registration number is 13298799 and is registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Be Well Barn Ltd Terms and Conditions
WARNING: Health, Fitness, Spa and Wellbeing activities can be dangerous and all users/participants of our facility and services do so at their own risk.
Please note that there is NOT always a member of qualified fitness staff available on site and all pod users participate in pod activities at their OWN RISK as our pods are self-directed areas of use and are NOT supervised by Be Well Barn staff members.
About these Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions relate to the wellbeing centre at Be Well Barn Ltd (‘Barn’ and ‘Pods’ together with the changing rooms, seating areas, carpark and other equipment (together the “Facilities”), which is operated by Be Well Barn Ltd (a firm) (“we, us, our”). A list of Directors is available on request.
- References in these terms to a “User” mean the person who books and pays for any Be Well Barn Ltd services.
- Users may, with our agreement and subject to availability, book the use of activities in the Barn or Pods. In addition to the services paid for at Be Well Barn Ltd, Users may make use of the changing facilities, café and seating areas as desired.
- We publish the ability to book into our services at the Barn and the Pods with a maximum of 6 active bookings at any one time.
- We have the right to refuse any request to make a booking and no booking is valid until it is it paid for via membership or pay as you go charges (“Charges”). Bookings are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Use of the Facilities
- You may not transfer or assign their rights. For the avoidance of doubt, you are granted the non-exclusive licence to use the Facilities and no lease or interest in property is granted by these terms. You may not exclude us or any of our employees or agents from the Barn and Pods or any of the other Facilities.
- During each booking, the User is permitted to use the Facilities in accordance with these terms and conditions and the rules relating to the use of the Facilities which are available on request at reception (Barn Rules). The User’s permission to use the Facilities expires automatically at the end of their membership or booking, although use of the wider facilities is still available.
- Users make use of the Barn, Pods and the other facilities entirely at their own risk, except as set out below. Users must note the warning signs at the facility and in particular the fact that there is no professional supervision or lifeguard on duty when using the Pods. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage to property which any User brings onto the site of the Facilities except as set out below.
- Each User is required to be covered by a suitable policy of insurance in respect of personal accidents and injuries and third party liability suffered or incurred as a result of their use of the Facilities. The Directors reserve the right to require evidence that a User has complied with this clause 9.
- Users must take all reasonable precautions to ensure their own safety during their use of the facilities. Health, fitness and wellbeing activities can be dangerous and Users, for their own safety, must adhere to the Barn Rules as published on our website and available at reception on request.
- Users accept that when they attend Be Well Barn Ltd that there are trip risks associated with frequenting the facility. It is a rural countryside location with uneven walking surfaces throughout the whole premises, both inside and outside. All reasonable efforts have been made by Be Well Barn Ltd to minimise the risk of trips and falls but highlight that uneven paths, thresholds, steps and seating areas are present. All users/visitors enter and use our premises at their own risk. Be Well Barn Ltd accepts no liability for injury caused by trips and falls whilst in attendance and using our facilities or equipment.
- Users must not cause any damage to the Facilities. If a User does cause any damage they must report it to us as soon as possible.
- You may only use the Facilities if you are feeling well enough to do so and have no medical reason not to participate in any Be Well Barn Ltd services. We cannot and do not make any assessment of any User’s health or ability, and Users must rely on their own assessment. We reserve the right to decline or withdraw any User’s right to use the Facilities, and cancel memberships or bookings accordingly, if we have doubts about a User’s safe capability or concerns about their safety or if we believe that they are in breach of these terms or the Barn Rules.
- No more than 4 people may make use of any individual Pod at any one time during any booking and a minimum of 2 is advisable for each Pod booking.
- A minimum of 2 is advisable for health and safety reasons. Lone use of the Pods could be dangerous as they are unmonitored and unsupervised by us. If an individual chooses to use a Pod by themselves with no one else in attendance, they categorically do so at their own risk.
- By using the Facilities, or by paying the Charges, each User agrees to abide by these terms and the Barn Rules.
- Users are responsible for their own safety and the safety of any guest they may bring. Users must ensure their guests are adequately supervised if necessary.
- The minimum age for independently using any of our services is 18 years old. Anyone under 18 years of age must be supervised by a parent/guardian/carer or responsible adult.
- The User must draw these terms and the Barn Rules to the attention their guest(s) and ensure that each guest complies with them. The User shall be liable for and keep us and the Directors fully indemnified against any loss, cost (including legal costs), claims, demands, expenses or other sums incurred or payable by us or the Directors arising from or in connection with:
- The Users’ failure to comply with their obligations under this clause 18;
- Each User’s use of the Facilities;
- Each User’s failure to comply with these terms and/or the Barn Rules; and
- Any damage caused to Be Well Barn Ltd or the Facilities caused by a User.
- Except as set out below, no refunds shall be given if a User or any guest paid for by them is unable to use the Facilities. More than 24 hours’ notice is required to move/reschedule any booking made. Within 24 hours, the User forfeits the right to reschedule and our no refunds policy remains.
- If a user regularly cancels bookings at short notice (within 24 hours of the booking coming to fruition) we reserve the right to terminate any ongoing arrangement between us and that individual or group. No other reason is required other than the user causing a loss of access for other users to enjoy the Facilities.
- We may, at our discretion temporarily close any or all of the facilities at Be Well Barn Ltd at any time, with reasonable notice, for maintenance or to ensure Users’ safety.
- If we or any part of the Facilities are closed for maintenance or due to health and safety reasons we will notify you as soon as possible to organise a rescheduling of that booking.
- No refunds are provided when:
- A User or guest who they have permitted to make use of a booking is unable to make use of said booking other than because the Facilities have been closed;
- The Facilities are closed as a result of the acts or omissions of that User or any person who they have permitted to use the Facilities;
- The User or any guest who they have purchased to use the Facilities is denied use of our services or expelled from Be Well Barn Ltd Facilities in accordance with these terms or because they have broken the Barn Rules.
Liability of the Directors
- Neither we nor the Directors in any way exclude or limit our liability where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of the Directors, their employees, agents, subcontractors or freelancers; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of a User or their guests’ legal rights.
We hope that you will enjoy using the Facilities at Be Well Barn Ltd as if they were your own. To ensure that everyone is happy with the privacy, security and safety the following rules MUST be observed.
- Health and Safety
- There is no life guard or professional supervision available whilst using the Pods at any time therefore it is imperative that the User takes all steps necessary to ensure the safety of himself/herself and their guests. All Users participating in activities and services provided by Be Well Barn Ltd do so at their own risk.
- It is advised that a minimum of 2 people use the Pods at any one time.
- There must be no more than 4 people using the Pods at any one time.
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to use the fitness equipment or spa facilities within the Pods. Twelve to 18 year olds must be supervised by a designated responsible adult.
- All Users (or their guardians) must deem themselves to be well enough and physically fit enough to participate in any activities at Be Well Barn Ltd.
- No food is to be consumed within the Pods and no glassware or china are to be taken into the Pods. Plastic bottles/cups/glasses are permitted for use in the Pods.
- Observe the signs in the Barn and Pods at all times. It is for your safety.
- No footwear allowed beyond the entrance foyers of the Spa Pods
- Users must rinse-shower before using the Spa Pod activities as this reduces the amount of disinfectant chemicals needed.
- Do not use talcum powder in the Facilities.
- Please ensure no animals enter the Barn and Pods, unless required for any medical reason or disability.
- Barn and Pods
- No running, bombing, diving or jumping in in any part of the Facility.
- No smoking is permitted on site.
- No submarine diving or scuba gear to be used in the Spa Pods.
- In the case of an emergency when using the Pods, or any other area when one is located, please pull the red cord to raise the alarm.
- All emergencies should be reported to a member of staff.
- In any emergency, please do not use the lifts.
- Please ensure all exits and fire exits are kept clear at all times.
- Access and Parking
- Access to Be Well Barn Ltd is via the main entrance and parking is designated by signage on site. Users and their guests must ensure that no members of their group stray into the farmyard where hazards may exist. With particular reference to children as the adjacent farmyard is a working farmyard with large moving vehicles and is an authorised access only site.
- Be Well Barn Ltd is surrounded by private property and private farmland of which Users and their guests do not have the right to access.
- Please drive with extreme caution at all times. Children may be present at the Facilities and in the car parking areas.
- Cars to be parked in the car park (directed by the entrance signs). All cars are parked at the owner’s risk. Be Well Barn Ltd and its Directors accept no liability for damage to or theft of vehicles while located on the premises.
- Please ensure all fire doors remain closed at all times.
- Please ensure that you keep to your allotted booking times. There are clocks in the Barn and Pods.
- Please make sure you vacate the Pods at least 2 minutes prior to the end of your booking to ensure enough time for the next Users to access.
- Please check the notice board for information and alterations to the Barn Rules.
- Users must leave the Pods as they found them; clean, tidy and respectable in presentation.
- Please leave the Facilities as you have found it and would like to find it.
- Be Well Barn Ltd and the Directors accept no liability for personal items left behind, or for damage or theft of personal possessions while using the Facilities.
- Be Well Barn Ltd has a strict no smoking policy. We are smoke free site and all users must abide by this while in attendance. This applies to all areas with no exceptions.
- Please notify the owners immediately of any damage to Be Well Barn Ltd property and equipment.
- If any wilful or accidental damage occurs to Be Well Barn Ltd infrastructure or property/equipment, the User responsible for said damage will be liable.
- Code of Conduct
- Any Be Well Barn users or visitors must abide in full to our code of conduct rules. No exceptions will be made.
- See separate Code of Conduct document for further details.
This is not a full and exclusive list of our terms and conditions. Other conditions may apply. These terms and conditions are subject to reasonable change at any given time at the discretion of the Directors at Be Well Barn Ltd.
Be Well Barn Ltd – Code of Conduct
All users and/or guests of Be Well Barn Ltd must abide by our code of conduct set out as follows.
- All users must be respectful of all and any property belonging to Be Well Barn Ltd, including the buildings and contents both inside and outside.
- All users must treat other users and members of staff with due and appropriate respect. Be Well Barn Ltd has a no tolerance policy towards abuse of other users or it’s members of staff/freelancers.
- If a person breaks this no tolerance policy they may be asked to leave and may not be able return in the future. If this is the case no refunds will be administered and the users’ rights to access the facility or services immediately forfeited. This is at the absolute discretion of Be Well Barn Ltd management team.
- All users must possess appropriate levels of public liability insurance in case significant damage to Be Well Barn Ltd property or contents occurs. Additionally, this must cover them for accidental harm to others.
- Users who cause damage whether it be by intentional or accidental means could be liable for the costs of repair/replacement. Any damage or faulty equipment should be reported immediately to a member of the Be Well Barn team.
- Be Well Barn Ltd adopts a policy of diversity and inclusion and will not tolerate any form of discrimination against other users in line with the Equality Act 2010, protecting people from discrimination in the workplace and wider society.
- Users may not venture off the Be Well Barn Ltd site onto connected and surrounding private property. This includes the private and personal grounds at Wash Farm which is the connecting property. This includes the adjacent field to Be Well Barn Ltd which is owned and farmed by Trevor Edwards & Co. And the personal gardens at Wash Farm owned by Trevor Edwards.
- If a Be Well Barn Ltd user is unsure of where the site boundaries lie they are to ask a member of management before taking it upon themselves to venture off site and trespass.
- The tennis court which can be seen from Be Well Barn Ltd is private property connected to Wash Farm and is NOT available for Be Well Barn attendees to use.
- Alcohol, purchased on site, may be consumed in the shared seating areas but with a reasonable consumption policy, whereby anyone getting intoxicated may be removed from the premises and refuged to return in the future.
- ONLY alcohol purchased on site from The Suffolk Jungle Room café or bar is to be consumed on the premise. Users are not allowed to bring or consume their own alcohol on Be Well Barn Ltd grounds/facilities.
- NO alcohol may be consumed in any of the pods at any time.
- NO glass or aluminium tins should be taken into the spa pods, plastic containers, and bottles only.
- We are a dog friendly location, however, dogs are only welcome onside on the ground floor areas. The nature of our buildings means that it is not appropriate for dogs to be inside, but dogs can be walked around the grounds and may be present on the courtyard terrace between the main barn and the pods.
- All dog owners/walkers must keep dogs on a lead. And when walking a dog(s) must pick up and clear up behind that dog and remove and dispose of the waste in an appropriate socially acceptable manner.
- Dogs owners/walkers who bring a dog onto the Be Well Barn Ltd site accept full responsibility and liability for any dog under their charge if it were to cause harm or damage to property, contents or other users.
- Dogs are brought onto our premises entirely at their own risk and Be Well Barn Ltd accepts no liability for a dog going missing or succumbing to any form of harm, injury or death.
- No other animals or pets are allowed to be brought onto Be Well Barn Ltd property.
- We recommend personal possessions are stored in our secure lockers when participating in activities on site. And any bags or personal possessions are taken into the pods or studios are done so at the risk of the user. Be Well Barn Ltd accepts no liability for personal possessions or accidents caused by taking personal possessions into pods or classes. Any individual doing so assumes full responsibility for any negative outcomes occurring.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn in relation the activity being participated in. Any footwear or clothing deemed to be dangerous, inappropriate, or harmful to property, contents or person will need to be removed or changed. This is at the absolute discretion of Be Well Barn Ltd management.
- Only paid members or customers are permitted to use the facilities/services at Be Well Barn Ltd. Spectators cannot be accommodated.
- Members of the public frequenting the café or bar lounge services may use the toilets and hand washing facilities only. The showers are for paying individuals attending paid activities only and are not to be used by cafe/lounge bar users, staff or general passers-by.
- Fitness and Class instructors may use the shower facilities after participating themselves in classes or fitness sessions that they have delivered and should only be used outside of contracted or paid hours. Showers are not for general staff use.
- Be Well Barn Ltd, all it’s property and site areas are strictly non-smoking. All users abide by the fact that we have a no smoking policy on our site at all times.
Welcome Offers Terms & Conditions
All welcome offers are only valid for up to 12 months only from the point of purchase or no later than 1st June 2023. After the initial period the price will revert to full price at that point in time. Depending on the capabilities of the booking system you may be required to sign into a new membership package in order to continue accessing the same facilities and services at Be Well Barn Ltd.
In the case where a six month membership has been purchased the welcome offer price for this particular membership will not be available for a second six month period. Therefore, this specific membership option will revert to full price at the end of the six months. I.e. from either six months after the initial purchase was made or no later than 1st December 2023
All welcome offers apply to the individual person only and cannot be shared with others.
Joint memberships can be arranged specifically with Be Well Barn Ltd management.
If an individual cancels a membership during their welcome offer period and this discounted rate will no longer be available to them, even if the individual decides to re-join within 24 hours.
All water bottles given away with (or without) membership purchases are subject to availability and when they are gone, they are gone and not guaranteed to be available to all as they are on a first come first served basis due to limited supplies.
1-2-1 sessions available with selected memberships only as set out on the welcome offer flyer. These must be booked via our admin team and used within 6 months of taking out the membership.
1-2-1 sessions will be no longer than 1 hour and some of this time may include introductory conversations to establish session planning and health questionnaires or whatever the trainer needs to ensure a safe and productive fitness session.
1-2-1 sessions are fitness training based only and do not include and cannot be swapped for any other premium paid service that we may offer.
1-2-1 sessions are not guaranteed to be in one of our fitness pods and may be carried out in any of our available spaces on the premises.
Tree planting for each member applies to each individual membership only and does not apply to one off bookings or bundles, workshops or any other purchasing activity at Be Well Barn Ltd.
Tree planting will only occur is a member has purchased and stayed as a member of Be Well Barn Ltd for a minimum of six months. If a member cancels within six months then it is not guaranteed that a tree will be planted for that individual.
Tree planting will occur at seasonally appropriate times during the year whereby the best chance of survival of the tree is provided for. We do not guarantee that we will be available to water sapling trees in the event of a drought. Trees planted may not be on the Be Well Barn site and may be planting on our neighbouring farmland by our sister business.
All terms and conditions written above are subject to reasonable change at any time at the discretion of the Be Well Barn Ltd management.
This is not an exhaustive list of terms and conditions and may be added to or amended at any time, without consultation with members or third parties.
Welcome offer memberships are also bound by our general terms and conditions of use and by our code of conduct which all users must abide to at all times.